Saturday, June 23, 2007

Satellite Of Love.




Watching that video, I get the twelve-year-old girl feeling. An image of a big wedding with family, friends, microphones, performances, and most importantly- smiles with starry eyes. No prenuptial agreement thoughts, second guesses, or drive-thrus... just pure devotion. I'm not taking shots at anybody who has done it differently, if you're married and happy then that is beautiful. I just see my marriage on a grand scale, and that statement means a lot considering my former, very vocal views on the subject.

Marriage is a definite risk, and I am not referring to the statistics, my parents, or your parents. I still feel the same as I ever did as pertains to divorce laws and biased courtrooms. I just know myself a little better, and I know that I will meet somebody (maybe a few somebody's) whom I will care more about than my computer, or my dvd collection, or any possession. A person that is worth the risk.

Today, I watch the East Side Dave/Casey Elan wedding production very emotionally. Not so much because I feel as though my engagement should have become a marriage, but because I anticipate meeting the woman that I will share a true engagement with. One I will willingly write vows for, not depressing poems about escape and isolation. It's an inspiring ceremony to watch.

The rest of the show was very well done, Fez was the best he's been in months, Stalker Patti did her Patti Smith bit, and J-Dubs made an appearance.

There is a new Jim & Them video online, for those of you seeking the funny:


No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites