Saturday, June 2, 2007

Okay late-period John Lennon.




Last night my brother and I went to see Knocked Up, which did not disappoint. The greatest cast I've ever seen in a comedy, and one of the funniest movies I've seen in years. It's great that the Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared crew are getting all of this publicity- Desario even made an appearance, but played himself (James Franco). Seth Rogen absolutely killed, and ofcourse Paul Rudd, Jay Baruchel, and Jason Segel were hilarious. I recommend it to everybody, especially the racially wrong who feel that loud black people are funnier than white people.

Superbad is coming in August and my hopes for this one are even higher.

When I got home there were some very surprising messages awaiting me from Katy:

yo--gotgreeneyes (9:22:43 PM): uh oh
yo--gotgreeneyes (9:23:01 PM): being drunk is dangerous
yo--gotgreeneyes (9:33:33 PM): i hope you find a beautiful wonderful girl who treats you right and you the same and its great and the end
Katy is a woman I met back in 2002. The story spread into late 2003 and beyond. We met through a mutual friend, the dreaded Allison. Having a thing for Allison, I delayed things with Katy for nothing, and for a long time. She really liked me from the moment we met, yet I didn't reciprocate things for over a year.

Everything came to a head in late '03, we had a one month relationship that I ended for some ridiculous reason. Of course I grew to regret the decision and spent a long while trying to rekindle things, attempts she initially entertained yet eventually rejected. We continued phone conversations into early '04, but she was beginning a new relationship and did not feel that we talking would help her matters.

The last time I saw her was a surprise visit I made to her house with coffee. I was heavily into The Byrds and Gram Parsons at the time, so I brought a cd of classic country and Elvis Costello to play for her. It was an hour visit where the only highlight was Katy being so tired that she was half-wearing her hooded sweatshirt.

Our latest conversation was actually last month. I called her in May and we talked for nearly two hours. She is with the same boy she began dating after we broke up and everything appears to be going great for her. She and Allison ended their friendship a short time after our relationship.

Katy has a very distinctive voice. I tend to fall for people over their phone voices. She's great to listen to and easy to talk to with an incredible sense of humor. Even when we talked within' the last month our conversation didn't have any dead spots, and it was full of laughter. The odd thing about Katy and I is that if we hang out we will have fun 100% of the time, when we talk it'll be a great conversation 100% of the time, yet she is very cautious over getting too involved (even by phone) with me. I am now across the country and she is reluctant to continue a speaking relationship. She ended that last phone talk with "this will be the last time we ever speak". 'Reluctant' may have been an understatement.

Apparently she got drunk, went through the trouble of seeking out my new screen name and blog, and decided to wish me luck in life.

Generous, I suppose.

Best of luck to you, as well.



No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites