Friday, June 29, 2007

7-Up tastes like dick.





Guard Your Celery.



' 7-Up tastes like dick.'

Delivery is everything when it comes to comedy. That is the only explanation I can muster for why a line that is so awfully unfunny can maintain such a strong level of humor between a mother and son over multiple weeks of time. Ron Bennington put it best when he said (something along the lines of...):

"It's all in delivery, I could've killed with these jokes. If Woody Allen had cast Larry Frazier in all of his films, people would've thought they were awful."

Of course he also said:

"I bring up a Woody Allen movie and people look at me like a genius can't fuck their stepdaughter."

And I believe that statement holds just as much truth.
The point being, '7-Up tastes like dick' should not be funny, and to anybody who hasn't heard my nearly-accidental delivery on that faithful drive home- it isn't funny.

Now, this, on the other hand... is hilarious, to everybody:

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites