Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Die.


I love the guitar in this song.

Yes, I am reading articles that're coaching me on "the fear of death".

The past couple of days have been consumed by the thought. I've been analyzing it with every free moment. I can't get over the fact that everything is going to die.

All this negative focus leads to unhealthy consequences. An exaggerated fear of dying and phobias of growing old leads to a reluctance to make a will or make any plans for those we love whom we know will outlive us and a general ignorance of normal end of life options.


I've been asking everybody's opinion on death. I am basically a 12 year old.

I don't know what queued a sudden realization that darkness is coming. I'd rather not blame marijuana, because I'd like to believe it's a no-con pass time.

Find someone you trust, and tell them about your fear. Explain to them why you think you feel this way, and how long you've felt like this. Make sure it's someone you trust. It is recommended that you see a therapist if the phobia is extreme.


The only comfort I can find in the concept of dying is that George Carlin did it. It is an unescapeable event that even the people I respect most will also have to endure.

I understand the sillyness of an extreme fear of death, but I feel like mine is a rational one. It hasn't gotten to the point where every happy moment turns into "well I will still die"... yet, anyway.

There's even a couple of websites that want to exploit my fear for money or Jesus. And for that I give them an uncapitalized jesus.


However, right now we cannot do anything about dying, so there is no point fearing death itself. What kind of fear is useful?


No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites