Wednesday, March 4, 2009

CSN or CSB?

I've been filling out college forms and preparing for placement tests... but I have a strong feeling that broadcasting school may be the better route for me.


Do I have four years to waste? Radio will be dead before I get my degree.

I think I'll get noticed faster in broadcasting school, considering the instructors actually work in the business and provide better networking opportunities.

Now the negatives. Well, besides everything (I have my own studio, I already work with Audition, I don't need any instructing)...

MONEY. Who has twelve thousand dollars? Even if I did, I don't feel like throwing it at some school. If I got the loan, I'd avoid it for as long as possible and then they'd just steal the money from my paychecks.

So it seems like the pros and cons both involve the sad state of radio today. Pro, because I can save an entire industry. Con, because I might not even get a gig and I'll be stuck with the loans.

Well, I guess bankrupcy is always there. I'm heading towards it anyways. I don't even know what bankrupcy covers, or if I'm really spelling it correctly.

I've seen the work of these broadcasting students online, and it's god awful. I am a better editor and producer already.

And this is where the entry just ends.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites