Monday, February 23, 2009

Kooks II.



At what age does high school stop being a social watermark?

I, very easily, eliminate most people from my life. Even family. With those people, travels many memories. I look back on the last 22 years and probably remember a solid five minutes. I could put together a long music video of my life.

For as long as We Hit & Run exists, it will act as a log for a lot of people and events that I would otherwise never remember.

I'm getting messages from people that're ridiculous. It's high school again. Not just in the pettyness of it all, but in the direct references to high school that they themselves write. People I've never even met are referencing my high school years.

In high school I ruined every friendship I ever had... and did it in two different schools. When I transfered to Abington, it was a starting over and I was "in" (I love high school terminology). As the first school year progressed, I began to find reasons to loathe every person that I was "friends" with. Who could spend time with these people?

Their music sucked (with an emphasis on the music that they recorded themselves). 

I'm a social cripple too.

By the end of that year, all ties were severed. That's two and half entire grades of a high school. I was friendly with a lot of people, and it was an effortless self destruction. The first day of my senior year was the most uncomfortable morning of my five minutes.



Having said all of this, there is still the person who did the most horrifying things to me, and that is the person I can't eliminate. I don't sit around writing their name or moping or reminiscing... but there's the ever-occasional urges. And this is the person that replaced most of my high school/east coast memories.

Haven't read your blog, sorry. I'm sure it's for the better.

Ultimately, what the east coast has to say to me about the internet radio universe I created means a lot less to me than what a certain person might've said about me on a blog that might not even exist anymore.

Yet their messages are the ones I'm stuck with.




No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites