Friday, June 26, 2009

Mama cu sa.



Michael Jackson memories range my entire life, from carrying that garbage Dangerous album around on a portable karoake machine when I was six, to singing "Wanna Be Startin' Something" as pillow talk to Alyce Packard.



I remember living at 3500 when M.J. turned into an ice breaker for Anthony Saunders and I. I remember dedicating "PYT" to Alyce the first time we ever hung out as my attempt to "WOO" her (and changing the lyrics so her name was in the hook DID IT).

I remember when I started the very first "REAL KID RADIO" live365 station, we had a Michael Jackson marathon to celebrate his acquittal.



I would "Youtube" this guy for hours, specifically putting in "1981" and "1987" for the Victory and Bad tours. His voice during the Bad tour was unbelievable, and he didn't lipsync a damn thing.

For all of the cheese, and tragedy, and the utter GARBAGE that came from his inspiration of 80s and 90s music- the guy means so much to so many people. His songs, though responsible for the crap that came later, were spectacular. Even if he himself didn't write his best tracks.

For reasons like that, I can't call him a genius (like so many are doing). But his voice was the second best I've ever heard, and his songs always seems to have been playing through major highlights of my life.

Here are some of the Michael Jackson moments on We Hit & Run that I could remember off the top of my head --

05/16/2008 -- Kevin Schools Shorty K on Michael Jackson --
01/17/2009 -- "Just A Little Bit Of..." Bit --
12/28/2008 -- MJ's Negative Effect + Death/Broke talk from December 2008 --
Oh yeah, my favorite MJ song? Wanna Be Startin' Something.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites