Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Practical.

I've been accepted into the limited entry Practical Nursing program starting this fall. I didn't expect to make it in until next fall, as I've only had 26 volunteer hours and I hadn't taken my English class for more selection points before the April 1 cut off. My score on the TEAS exam must've turned somebody's head, or maybe my mother was right-- they're looking for males in the field.

The PN orientation is on my birthday.

It couldn't be set up more perfectly. I'm taking the accelerated CNA program in the Summer (must be taken before or concurrent to your first PN semester), then I'm starting the PN program a month after. All of the PN classes, starting with its second semester, begin in the A.M., which gives me ample time to find a night job as a CNA.

When I set the goals six months ago, and took my first "placement exams" because I didn't have a high school diploma, I didn't expect them to be so quickly obtained.

My first semester was 13 credits, and all of the classes are from the Practical Nursing program.

PSY -- A+
Human Body -- A
Human Body Lab -- A
English -- B

THEN, if a baby does come in February, I'll be better off than most every parent I've ever met. The MIATA is close! Oh, wait, the baby thing. FINE, a mini coop.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites